Catherine Sung-Yun K. Smith is a member of Gustafson Gluek PLLC. She is a graduate of Korea University (B.A. 2000) and a graduate of University of Minnesota Law School (J.D. 2005). Ms. Smith is admitted to the New York Bar, Minnesota Bar and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
During law school, Cathy served as a director of the Civil Practice Clinic, a director of the William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition, and also participated in the Maynard Pirsig Moot Court. In addition, she served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Regina Chu, District Judge, Fourth Judicial District of Minnesota. She joined Gustafson Gluek PLLC in 2007.
Cathy has been named as a Minnesota “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2013-2016 by Law & Politics magazine and was also selected as a Top Woman Attorney in Minnesota with Super Lawyers for 2017.
Ms. Smith is fluent in Korean and English and also has basic language skills in German, Japanese, and Chinese.Download VCard View Representative Cases
Cathy is currently working on the following complex class actions:
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.)
- In Re: Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal)
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Korean Air Lines Co. Ltd. Antitrust Litig. (C.D. Cal.)
- Wortman et al v. Air New Zealand et al (N.D. Cal)
- In re Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litig. (E.D. N.Y.)
- In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litig. (E.D. N.Y.)