Michelle Looby is a member of Gustafson Gluek PLLC. She is a graduate of the University of Minnesota with distinction (B.A. 2004) and a magna cum laude graduate of William Mitchell College of Law (J.D. 2007). During law school, Michelle was a member of the William Mitchell Law Review from 2005-2007, serving as Assistant Editor in 2006-2007. She was a judicial intern in the Racine County Circuit Court of Wisconsin and a judicial extern in the Second Judicial District of Minnesota.
Michelle joined Gustafson Gluek in April 2008 and has represented plaintiffs and classes in numerous antitrust and consumer protection cases. She is admitted to the Minnesota Bar, and is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the District of North Dakota.
Michelle serves on the Board of Directors for Minnesota Women Lawyers, an association of more than 1,300 attorneys, judges, law students, legal employers and others dedicated to advancing the success of women attorneys and striving for a just society. She is also a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Antitrust Council, serving as its Diversity & Inclusion Liaison, and a member of the American Bar Association and Federal Bar Association.
In 2015, Michelle received the American Antitrust Institute’s award for Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement by a Young Lawyer. She has also been designated by Law & Politics magazine as a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2014, 2015, and 2016.Download VCard View Representative Cases
Michelle is currently, or has been, actively involved in the representation of plaintiffs and classes in numerous cases, including:
- Precision Associates, Inc. et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding), Ltd., et al. (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litig. (E.D. Mich.)
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Asacol Antitrust Litig. (D. Mass.)
- In re Celebrex (Celecoxib) Antitrust Litig. (E.D. Va.)
- In re Opana ER Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Ill.)
- In re National Arbitration Forum Litig. (D. Minn.)
- In re Vitamin C Antitrust Litig. (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litig. (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings (“DIPF”) Indirect Purchaser Antitrust Litig.
- Universal Delaware, Inc., d/b/a Gap Truck Stop et al. v. Comdata Corporation(E.D. Pa.)
- In re Online DVD Rental Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Comcast Corp. Set-Top Cable Television Box Anti-Trust Litig. (E.D. Pa.)
- Marchese v. Cablevision Systems Corp. (D. N.J.)
- In re Refrigerant Compressors Antitrust Litig. (E.D. Mich.).
- In re Steel Antitrust Litig. (N.D. Ill.)